One of the basic problems arising in connection with economic development and its impact on environment - influencing environmental energy condition (with the state of energy resources, distribution and energy efficiency). Major factors determining energy issues, contributing to one of the most challenging problems of XXI century, are:
- limited energy resources,
- unstable market for suppliers of raw materials,
- increasingly higher costs of raw material acquisition,
- a huge increase in energy demand,
- climate change triggered by harmful effects of energy sector on the environment,
- increasing importance of energetics in international politics,
- homogeneous culture of energy supply market, big importance of coal and oil.
The profile of energy consumption and application of management systems allow a real impact on energy flow and optimization of energy consumption. World community, especially European Union, undertake plenty of projects to improve energy mix. Energy supplies combined with renewable energy sources and increased energy efficiency at every stage of energy chain play an unquestionably significant role in improving energy forecasts.